Lightning Shots from Alaminos, Pangasinan, Philippines

These are shots that I took from Alaminos, Pangasinan here in our country the Philippines.  It was raining that night and some thunderstorms so I taught it's an opportunity that I cannot miss since you really never know when lightning occurs. So i grabbed my D7000, my tripod, together with my 18-105mm V lens. There's a little bit of rain so I went out on the open undo my shirt to cover my camera. It's was scary out there especially seeing those lightning, it might end up anywhere but luckily my spot was far away from where the lightning strikes the ground.

So here's my settings:

ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 15 to 30 seconds (I started with 15 then went as far as 30 seconds to hopefully capture the shot since no one really knew when or when the lightning's going to strike.) 
Aperture: f/11
Focus point was set to manual since it was really dark and I was just guessing here where to focus.
Composition wise, I just tried to frame my shot to where the lightning almost strikes the most.

Take a look at all the pictures and hopefully you try it too.

Enjoy and comments below are welcome :D



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Super Telephoto Prime Lens Features & Technical Specs

Creating Orthomosaic Using Drone Images